Monday, March 28, 2011

Surveying the Land

I suspect that this weekend may be the weekend we finally get to use our pool.  We moved into this home at the beginning of November this past year and I can not express how long the last 5 months have been.  It has been calling my name.  I have been diligently testing the waters to see how the temperature has been coming and a few weeks ago I became overjoyed that the water no longer took my breath away.

It has been a game of cat and mouse with the warmer weather since then.  Just when you think we are going to stay in the 80's it drops to the high 60's.  Over and over again for the past 3 weeks.  I am beyond extactic that we are going to have 3 days in a row over 85 degrees.  I pulled my floaties out that I purchased months ago (off season for the cheaper price of course) and am tempted to blow them up, but I really don't think I have anywhere to store them all blown up.

I came home from work today and sat with my feet in the pool for a few minutes and took a look around the yard. After all the bare bones it was nice to see some greenage.

The infamous pool....
Trees Have Leaves
Dill is Looking Good
Spinach Has Sprouted

In honor of the spring and impending summer, I made a salad.  I know they are boring, but sometimes it just feels right.

1.5 cups fresh spinach or baby
12oz. chickpeas rinsed
1.5 tomatoes chopped
1 chopped red pepper
2 ribs chopped celery
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1 tbsp brewers yeast (optional)
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 whole carrot shredded
1/4 cup pistachios
1/4 cup dehydrated red onion

I mixed that bad boy up and put on some dressing I made a week ago.  I can't remember quite what it was, since a lot of what I do is on the fly.  But I you can use any dressing you like.




No comments:

Post a Comment