Thursday, April 14, 2011

Your Personal Diet

A misconception I have encountered, is that I advocate a vegan diet.  Which is true and false.  Truth be told it is my belief that diet is something that is very personal.  Only you can truly know what it is your body needs or does not need.  If you know that dairy and meats are something you require to function on a daily basis, who am I to say otherwise?  Understanding the nutritional needs of your body is a personal responsibility.  

On the flip side of that coin, I do have opinions about what is labeled as disease and epidemics in our modern day American society.  Are obesity, heart disease, cancer, and diabetes, something that are considered incurable because we don't have a pill to cure them, or do they exist because of our diets?  Could removing the only source of cholesterol in our diets (dairy and meat) possibly help the epidemic of heart disease?  I do not have the education to say, but I sure as hell have an opinion about it.

Is it possible that our only defense against cancers, our immune system, is weakened by the physical toll we put on our bodies by consuming animal proteins?  I can not say.  Is the obesity that is plaguing us and our children fueled by the combination of processed foods, saturated fats, cholesterol, and growth hormones we put in our bodies on a daily basis?  Could it be possible that diabetics are put on dialysis because their kidneys can no longer tolerate the amount of meat that we try to digest?  These are questions I think about every day. 

If you have been plagued by some physical malady, be it weight, depression, acne, lethargy, high blood pressure or high cholesterol, insomnia, anxiety, or even PMS, is it worth waiting around for a pill or could investigating your diets effect on these conditions make a difference? From my personal experience, I can say that it did for me.  I was dealing with every single one of these conditions, and each and everyone one was alleviated by a change in diet.  Just some food for thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment